- Exercise SANDY COAST 2020 will take place from 21 August until 11 September 2020 off the Belgian Coast. Scheduled by Admiral Belgium Netherlands and Luxemburg (ABNL), it is a continuation on the Bi-National MCM focus exercise that was organised in September 2018.
- A combined MPC / FPC will be organised on Thursday 11 June 20 in Ostend in the BE-NL NMW School (EGUERMIN).
- Nations willing to participate for the MPC/FPC need to register filling in the questionnaire in annex. Due to the COVID-19 social distancing rules the conference will be restricted to maximum 25 (twenty-five) participants.
- SACO20 Planning schedule milestones:
- Initial Planning Conference (IPC) was held at Den Helder Naval base (NLD): 12 Feb 20.
- Main and Final Planning Conference (MPC/FPC), Oostende EGUERMIN (BEL): 11 Jun 20.
- SACO 20 HP PSC (for VSW/EOD teams) and CET/FIT phase, Oostende EGUERMIN (BEL):22-23 Aug 20
- SACO 20 HP TACEX phase (VSW/EOD teams), Oostende and Zeebrugge Harbour: 24-27 Aug 20.
- SACO 20 PXD/HWU for HP phase, Oostende EGUERMIN (BEL): 28 Aug 20.
- SACO 20 PSC for Sea phase (MCMVs), Zeebrugge Naval Base: 01 Sep 20
- SACO 20 CET/FIT serialized program for MCMVs, BEL TTW: 02 – 03 Sep 20.
- SACO 20 TACEX phase for MCMVs, BEL TTW: 03 – 08 Sep 20.
- SACO 20 Mine Recovery and Endex, BEL TTW: 09 – 10 Sep 20.
- SACO 20 HWU/Post-Exercise Discussion, Zeebrugge Naval Base: 11 Sep 20.
For more details on the conference, joining instructions and administrative information on EGUERMIN see annex.
CDR Filip Clauwaert
Sandy Coast 2020